Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: I Did It!

2013: I Did It!

One morning in September, Emmett, whose total vocabulary was just a few words, threw a toy on the ground, climbed down, picked it back up, held it up and yelled "I got it!" This kid decided to skip right to sentences.

2013.  Let’s recap.

Emmett’s Vocabulary to date:

Yeah
Noooo
I got it!
I did it!
Bubbles
bubble
Show
I do! I do! (Nearly always as a pair)
Wheee!
dip
chip
mama
Daa-deee
apple
bar
sheerpherGIRLS (which means Powerpuff Girls)
emmett
gum gum
bed
baba
wawa (for water)
sip
hug (which really means he wants to be picked up
stop
go
shammy (Sandwich)
up
down
outside
serral (cereal)
car
truck
petty (pretty)
awwww (usually while hugging)
slide
namnah (banana)
niff (sniff)
cheese
grape
baby
bug
puppy
surprise!
waffle
cookie
hi
hello
coffee
block
su-shine
buh-bye
tap
poopoo
butt
please
kookoo for thank you
phone
off
frah-fri (french fry)
sheep
ha-fah for HIGHFIVE.

^ Really, all the words I know are pretty much just more synonyms for those.

****

Isabel saw me using my iPhone and asked to see a picture of Doctor Who on it.  As should come as so surprise, I obliged and fed “Doctor Who” into google image search.  One of the first hits was a composite of all 11 Doctors Who.

She pointed at Tom Baker and said “It’s Doctor Who!”

She then pointed at the other gentlemen and asked “Who are those guys?”

I said, “Those guys are also Doctor Who.  They’re all the Doctor.”

She turned to me, and with a very serious and pitying face, said “Those guys are NOT Doctor Who.”

Which I couldn’t actually refute in any way.

So, between that and the fact that Emmett asks me for High-Fives, I’ve basically taught my kids everything I have to teach them.

Other 2013 items of note:

I quit my job and started a new one.  I work for VSP now?
I got to see The Web of Fear, after spending 20 years wishing I could.
We finally planted the Mandarin Tree that's been in a pot for four years.


No comments: