Sunday, December 14, 2008

Links Roundup!

My new favorite thing about having a blog is that whenever I find something cool on the web, rather than try to figure out who to email it to, or consigning it to the black hole that is my bookmarks list, I can just post it here.

Yes, I know. I can email that epiphany back in time to 2001 when it was still reasonably fresh.

Links!

Video of excavating an ant colony!

Someone made a family tree of D&D up through AD&D 1st Edition.

Flickr stream of concept art Ralph McQuarrie did for the original Battlestar Galactica. To answer your first question, yes it does look even more like Star Wars than the final product did. On the other hand, I want to see someone do an animated movie in McQuarrie's art style.

Andy Rooney talks smack about Windows! How can someone be so right, and still make me want to disagree with him?

The Logitech Mice that weren't.

XKCD - Alternate Currency.

BCC Radiophonic Workshop - the Fourth Dimension. A blog I had never heard of but am now a huge fan of has posted mp3s of a long out of print Radiophonic workshop album. Awesome. The rest of the blog is well worth poking around as well. (Also, it's worth pointing out that those MP3 are sourced from vinyl. How the heck do they get them to sound that good? I NEVER heard a record player sound that good.)

Tiki artist Shag has been commissioned to do art for the Haunted Mansion's 4oth anniversary. How badly do I want prints of these? Pretty badly.

Greg Costiklyan does a fascinating analysis of Candyland.

"They" would seem to have turned Get Your War On into a web cartoon. Tilt!

I didn't know this movie existed, but now I really want to see it really badly.

No comments: