Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Xmas time savings

So Gabe, our friend Adam and I were roaming around Fry's last night looking for Mac repair essentials. After many tangents, we pass a STACK of brown generic boxes containing 19" flat panel monitor pilled up like sliced meat; on top of the pile was a brief sign that only read "19 inch LCD $159.00"

As we walked by Adam said, "walking through Fry's this time of year feels like buying electronics out of the back of some dude's van." HOW TRUE! Everything was silly priced to resemble hot merch and the packaging had a certain "fell of the truck" quality.

The best part about our Fry's trip? As I stood scanning the area looking for Gabe, Mr. Paul Harriman(!) came in the front door at 9:30 PM and meandered by, our exchange followed:
"Hi Paul!"
"Hey there, what are you doing?"
"I seemed to have lost my husband"
"You'll never see him again."

I didn't look to see if he was holding the Sunday Ad, but I assume he went to the car later holding some generic cardboard boxes.

No comments: