Thursday, September 11, 2008

A New Addition...a post by Heidi(!)

There is a new addition in the kitchen, a Krups convection toaster oven. Seems our old toaster oven wanted to be put on the back porch until trash day since Tuesday night it hissed at me and shot blue smoke in my face, for the fifth time. "Fine!" I yelled and unplugged it. I had visions of swinging it by the cord and hurling it into the alley with a satisfying SMASH, but that would not have been what they call "classy" and I probably would have needed what they call "bail."

So now we have a very cool and overly appointed robot to make toast, and other stuff. It heats up using six crystal quartz rods -- I am not kidding, it is like the toaster oven of solitude. It has a matte black finish (not the happy shiny chrome of most designs I saw), it means business and looks a tad menacing to be honest; but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it was made by angry Germans. When your toast is done it shouts "KRUPS! KRUPS! KRUPS!" When and if you burn the toast, the oven shouts "NEIN!" and flings the toast into the trash bin. Just kidding, but the instruction manual DOES explain how to use the broiler setting by displaying the steps of cooking four large bratwurst sausages. You know it is roomy if it can accommodate 4 brats.

I haven't named it yet, will keep you posted.

UPDATE: The toaster oven's name is Odin, the Norse god of fire seemed appropriate :)

No comments: