Friday, November 7, 2008

Home Search and Heartbreak

Well, some group of bastard people went and bought the house Gabe and I were putting an offer on today. SON. OF. A. B!TCH.

Am I mad? HELL Yes. At who? Who cares, getting mad won't get me anywhere, which just makes me more mad.

Some say, "it wasn't meant to be." Others say, "there will be a better house down the road." I hope to goddess that is true, otherwise we just dragged our feet too long on submitting an offer and lost the only 2,500 sq. ft. house within spitting distance of the Sacramento co-op with a living room you could park a monster truck in. Did I mention the double-oven in the kitchen and the 4 bedrooms upstairs? I am sick with heartache today because I SAW us living there. I saw our kids in the backyard and I saw 35 people at our house for Thanksgiving. Yeah, I cried a little at lunch, maybe a lot.

Then I remembered, as I sat sobbing in the parking lot, that I also cried with a heavy heart in 2002 when I learned I was a day late getting my airfare to move back to China and couldn't afford to go. I cried all day when I broke up with Mr. Jerk in 2001 for being the Ultimate Jerk, thinking I had lost something worth having. I really cried in 2005 when I lost my job because I couldn't keep my mouth shut about how poorly the department was managed and my superior gave me the boot so she didn't look bad. Looking back I am SOOOOO glad all those painful moments happened, otherwise I wouldn't be living in Sacramento with all my wonderful friends and new family, I wouldn't have the most wonderful loving husband who is perfectly matched with me, and I wouldn't be working with the best coworkers and the best boss a gal like me could ask for.

All of the things I am most happy about in my life were possible because things didn't go my way. Things I thought were the most disappointing moment EVER, turned out to be first steps towards a better outcome.

Maybe that house is haunted, maybe it has structural damage, maybe the neighbors are horrible; or maybe the loan of the people who placed the offer will fall through after they pay to have all the inspections done and we can swoop in. Who knows. Maybe this happened so that anyone out there reading this, who has seen a place for sale by/in midtown, will now let us know that they saw our house for sale :)

1 comment:

Dani In NC said...

It's good that you are giving this experience a positive spin. I'm sure I would have moped for at least a few more weeks before I could see the bright side!