Monday, November 3, 2008

Well, it's that time again...

Friggin' daylight savings time.  Not a fan, personally.

I always get jetlagged super-badly the week after the switchover.  The fall switch is always a little better, since at least I'm getting up earlier rather than later, but I'm still going to be a zombie for the next few days.

And really.  It's the 21st century.  We have electric lights.  An information economy.  A global marketplace.  Did I mention ELECTRIC LIGHTS?

How on earth is playing slight of hand with the time a good deal for anybody.

And to head off the usual first thing everybody says to support this particular piece of voodoo temporal mechanics:

Does ANYONE seriously think that anyone who depends on daylight to do their job (farmers are the usual example) woke up this morning and said " thank goodness I've got more daylight.  After all, getting up at a different time each day would have been too difficult."

No comments: