Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wait, Lines?

So I'm thinking to myself, "self, there's probably going to be a pretty decent voter turnout today, so you should get there at a time when there will be less people."

Excellent Idea, self, I think back.  Since the polls open at 7, and I'm still jetlagged from the daylight savings switchover, I figure I can get there 7:45 to 8:00-ish and get it done before work.

So I roll up to the polling place just before 8.  Now, for all intents and purposes I've been going to this same polling place for the last 12 years, and I've never had to wait more than a few minutes to get in.  The only time I couldn't basically just walk in and vote I think I was the second guy in a line of two.

This morning, there was a line of people out the door and down the block.  Never seen that before in my entire life.  AND, everybody in line looked like they were under 30.

Have we finally convinced Americans to vote?  Thank goodness.

No comments: