Friday, October 24, 2008

IT HAS BEGUN!

So as some of you may know, I adore ADORE halloween. I have always loved the spookiness and brisk weather of October, plus it is the month that contains my birthday so it has to be good.

Last year we had a halloween party and I may have gone a LITTLE overboard with the decorations, well this year is shaping up to be the same delightful time-drain.

Last night I cut out the shadows of two skeletons for one of the windows in the living room. The plan was to have different shadows in all the windows of the house that face the street. A mummy here, a skeleton there, a witch, a dracula, etc. So I decided to start with the hardest ones first, the skeleton pair. Since we have a bazillion bones in our bodies, I knew that the combination of my OCD and attention to creative detail would have me taking longer with this patern.

It took me 90 minutes to properly cut and hang the two skeletons, there is just one problem -- they look freak'n-fantastic! They look so good that now I want ONLY SKELETONS in ALL the windows. We live in a two-story victorian Fortress of Awesome, so that is a lot of windows, and a lot of skeletons. I need some more double-sided tape and some better scissors, and a whole lot more time.

If you have OCD and plan to display freaky handmade shadows in your windows, I suggest you start with ghosts; big, bulky, simple-lined ghosts.

No comments: